With each contest, you guys make it harder and harder to choose a winner! Thanks to every Hustler who shared their Top 5 ATL Moments/ Memories of 2009. It's awesome to see that The Hustler Club is involved in so many of your memories (cause you're in ours!), along with the GK Tour, Warped Tour, the release of Nothing Personal, funny tweets...
This time, the prize and winning title goes to...
Top 5 memories of 2009
1. Meeting Megan (jbkat_ftw3) and Ashley (sup_ashley), the two girls who have legitimately become two of my best friends. Without the Hustler Club, I wouldn't have them in my life.
2. Believers Never Die (May 9, 2009) -- My first Meet and Greet, and I met Cassie, Meghan, Katie and many more. We sat outside for hours in advance just to talk to each other and hang out, and I was ridiculously antsy about the meet and greet, which ended up being amazing.
3. The Myspace Secret Show/ Release of Nothing Personal (July 7, 2009). -- After a long weekend of trying to figure out what the plan was, and what was happening, Megan and Ashley showed up to Joliet mall and stood in line for hours to get our wristbands for the show. I picked them up, and Ashley spent the night. We REFUSED to listen to Nothing Personal until midnight, and listened to it all the way until the time of the show (Noon). we rocked out in the car, got weird looks from people, and didn't care. It was an excellent performance.
4. "Epic Week" -- fellow hustler Ann flew from Washington to Milwaukee, where Megan, Ashley and I greeted her. We spent the night at Ashley's and woke up the next day for Milwaukee Warped Tour where Megan and I had ATL Sidestage thanks to the awesome contest. A surreal feeling, and an amazing performance. That night we drove to my home in Chicago, stayed the night and woke up to attend the 6 flags show with BoysLikeGirls, The Academy Is..., etc. Another night at my home and then early morning to go down to Chicago Warped tour where we were met by hustlers Sarah and Haley (whom had flown in from Massachusetts and Texas) and it felt like we had known them forever. We went to the signing where I had my most embarrassing moment (involving Jack Barakat) and managed to get barricade for the boys' set (with the massive crowd that broke a record). Again-- fantastic show. We followed that day with a hustler day in the city; went to Millenium Park to see the bean, and have a picnic. After a day of relaxing we met up again in Milwaukee for the Cobra Starship show where we got a random meet and greet because Megan was wearing a Nothing Personal shirt, and it was mistaken for a cobra shirt.
5. Holiday hometown show in Baltimore, MD (December 28, 2009) -- flew in once again with megan and ashley, and was greeted at the airport by Sarah who drove us to our hotel where we would be staying with Karissa, Christie, and Laura. In nearby rooms were Jaclyn and Aly and across the street were Emily and Mallory (all hustlers). We spent the day in the innerharbor, had lunch at PF changs, and drove down to DC for the Friday Night Boys show (with guest appearance by Zack Merrick). Woke up the next day to meet on Thames St and South Broadway for a picture, and lunch. Got re-situated and headed to Rams Head for the show. I was lucky enough to have Secret Santa and I gave my gift to Jeff Maker (Lights Director). He loved it :). Only to find out that my secret santa was Alex Gaskarth. My gift showed that he put actual thought into what to get me, and I absolutely love it. We had a lot of time to spend with the boys and hang out, and plenty of time to get to barricade for the show. We had plenty of laughs, and Alex thanked our little barricade group of Hustlers in-particular for being there, which was very cool.
as a side note.. I'd like you to notice that each of these deals with people that I've met through the hustler club. The boys are great, and talented, and kind, but the hustlers are the ones I talk to on a daily basis. The ones who have become my friends. Thank you for keeping this going, and helping this become a possibility. 2009 was truly amazing, and I look forward to what is to come in 2010.
Congrats again Katie. We hope we get to see a picture of your ATL flag hung high once you receive it!
We're also going to give an honorable mention to coheedkid123...
5. April 24th, 2009 - Believers Never Die Part Deux - Charlotte, NC. First time seeing All Time Low EVER. Put on such an amazing set. I didn't get to meet them or anything, I had a meet and greet with Fall Out Boy. They had such an amazing stage presence and energy that just made me fall completely in love with those 4 boys that night. I've seen them every time in Virginia since. :)
4. December 28, 2009 - Hometown Holiday Show. 4 other Hustlers and myself were the first people at the venue at 9am. Hung out all day, visited Thames Street, took pictures, and got back in line. I was the first Early Entry person in the venue. :) I got barricade for the first time EVER! Jack caught 3 of my 6 bras, and one condom. :X He liked it, so that's all that matters. One of my bras was the only bra they talked about. Awesome. Waited outside and met Jack. We left before Alex came outside, but it was so amazing seeing THAT many Hustlers in the same room. <3
3. October 19, 2009 - GK Tour, Norfolk, VA. Hung out at the mall for 5 hours before the doors were meant to open. This was the first meet & greet I had actually won THROUGH Hustler Club. Ran into Alex & Rian in the mall. Said "hey" and kept moving, didn't want to interfere with their downtime. My friend and I go to sit outside of the mall (beautiful day) & we see Alex, Jack, Rian, and Travis(WTK) playing golf. We decide to just kind of watch them, when all of a sudden two of the golf balls come our way. We weren't sure what to do, so we picked the balls up and took it over to them. At this point, Jack went inside to get something. My friend gets pictures with them and all that good stuff. Later, I go to the m&g in the Norva & Jack goes, "hey weren't you playing golf with us earlier?!" I said "yeah!" and he said "that's awesome!" I was just shocked he remembered me. It was awesome.
2. July 22, 2009 - Warped Tour, VA Beach. Had my ticket for this since April. Left my house promptly at 9 am with the goal of meeting the boys there somehow(it would be my first time meeting them). Waited in the meet & greet line for 2 hours, but finally got a pass to ensure I was going to meet them. They come up to the tent & Alex grabs the mic from the host, looks at me, and says, "Hey how are you doing?" and I said, "Good...Umm..Ilove you?" and he goes "Aw well I love you too." I felt so stupid. Anyway, I get up to them, say hi to Rian & Alex, and approach Jack. He grabs my hand & tells me he loves me. I say it back. And he says, "I like your tongue ring." and I said thanks. He then goes, "If you lived in Baltimore, I'd marry you." All I could do was take a deep breath. I then move on to Zack and then leave the tent. It meant alot to have the guys be so nice, especially Jack. They were all talkative and it meant the world to me. I then watched their set, crowd surfed to "Six Feet Under The Stars" and was involved with the circle pit when they played "Coffee Shop Soundtrack."
And my number 1 All Time Low moment of 2009 is..
1. December 17, 2009 - It's On With Alexa Chung. I traveled 8 hours to NYC to see All Time Low play one song. I ended up being front row, in front of Alex. He sang to me. A few hustlers that met me up there and I all waited outside afterwards to meet them. Little did we know, we ended up having to wait 2 and a half hours, but they came out & were more than happy to meet us. :) Alex welcomed me to "the Big Apple." We also sang Happy Birthday to Rian. He then tweeted about it. It was unforgettable.
This was taken on December 17th, 2009 in NYC on the corner of 45th and Broadway. :)